TROUBLESHOOTING ON SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS IN THE LEDVANCE SMART+ APP

• 1.1. I CAN’T CONTROL MY SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?

1) Make sure that the General Requirements of section 2.1 are fulfilled.

2) Within the LEDVANCE SMART+ app, open the menu by tapping the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner and tap the refresh button behind Network Status. This will restart the Bluetooth connection between your SMART+ Bluetooth products and your Mobile Device.

3) Ensure that your Mobile Device has a network connection, either via cellular data or WiFi, to control your SMART+ Bluetooth products.

4) Try closing the LEDVANCE SMART+app and then reopening it to reestablish a network connection.

5) SMART+ Bluetooth products use Bluetooth Mesh technology to extend the range of control. However, if you are too far away, connection won’t be established. Try moving closer to the product, remove obstacles or add additional SMART+ Bluetooth products and accessories across your home to extend the range of control.

6) Check your SMART+ Bluetooth products for firmware updates - see question 3.1 (HOW CAN SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS BE UPDATED?). These updates help ensure you are running the latest firmware version on your SMART+ Bluetooth products for proper performance.

7) If the above methods don’t work, you may need to remove the product from your setup – see question 3.3 (HOW CAN SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS BE DELETED FROM THE LEDVANCE SMART+ APP?) – and re-pair it to the app - see question 1.2 (HOW DO I PAIR MY SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS WITH THE LEDVANCE SMART+ APP?).

1.2. MY NETWORK STATUS SAYS IT’S UNABLE TO CONNECT WITH A SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCT. WHAT DO I DO?

1) Make sure that the General Requirements of section 2.1 are fulfilled.

2) Ensure that you have a strong cell signal on your Mobile Device or that you are connected to WiFi with your Mobile Device.

3) Try closing the LEDVANCE SMART+ app and then reopening it to re-establish a network connection.

4) If you have installed the LEDVANCE SMART+ app on more than one of your Mobile Devices, make sure you close the LEDVANCE SMART+ app on the Mobile Devices you are not currently using.

5) If the above methods don’t work, you may need to remove the product from your setup – see question 3.3 (HOW CAN SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS BE DELETED FROM THE LEDVANCE SMART+ APP?) – and re-pair it to the app - see question 1.2 (HOW DO I PAIR MY SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS WITH THE LEDVANCE SMART+ APP?).

1.3. I AM NOT ABLE TO ADD SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS TO MY SMART+ ACCOUNT. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS?

1) Make sure that you follow the steps in question 1.2 (HOW DO I PAIR MY SMART+ BLUETOOTH PRODUCTS WITH THE LEDVANCE SMART+ APP?) and that the General Requirements of section 2.1 are fulfilled.

2) Restart the LEDVANCE SMART+ app and shortly separate the SMART+ Bluetooth product from the power supply (power cycle) before you try to add the SMART+ Bluetooth product again.

3) Reduce the distance between the SMART+ Bluetooth product and your Mobile Device.

4) Make sure on there is no other Mobile Device logged in to your LEDVANCE SMART+ account.

5) Turn off Bluetooth devices in the range of your SMART+ device.

6) Reset the SMART+ Bluetooth product to factory setting as follows: power cycle the SMART+ Bluetooth product 5 times in a row for 3-5 seconds each.

7) Force a firmware update by changing firmware on the SMART+ device to HomeKit or Google Assistant and afterwards upgrade the firmware to LEDVANCE SMART+ compatible firmware. Then try to add device again. For more information about the firmware change see FAQ section 3 (SMART+ for Apple HomeKit), FAQ section 4 (SMART+ for Google Assistant) or FAQ section 5 (SMART+ for Amazon Alexa).